Monday, January 6, 2014

Asian-Cajun Jambalaya

   I bought sausage while it was on sale and my usual go-to meal with it is jambalaya. I also had zucchini and yellow bell pepper on hand, though, so I decided to give it an Asian twist!


Ingredients:
2 cups Rice (brown or white, your choice)
4 cups Chicken Broth (or water with chicken broth cube)
1/4 cup Hot Water
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (I had Ro*tel to add some spice!)
Cut up Sausage Link
Pre-cooked Shrimp
1 diced Yellow Pepper
2 diced Zucchini
1 Small Onion, diced
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Salt & Pepper
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Dash Cayenne Pepper
(Diced chicken is optional, just cook until well done before mixing with other meats)

   Start by mixing the rice, chicken broth, and soy sauce in a large pot. Follow rice directions to cook, or bring to a boil and let simmer until fluffy.
   While the rice cooks, put sausage, shrimp, yellow pepper, zucchini, onion, salt and pepper in a large skillet and Sauté together until meat is brown and vegetables become tender. Add contents into cooked rice. Add remaining ingredients and 1/4 cup of hot water. Let simmer together for 5 more minutes and serve.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]