Monday, August 5, 2013

Diamond Candles! (and NY Package #2)

   So I have this new obsession... Diamond Candles! I've talked them up so much, like everyone I know wants one. I originally found them some way through Pinterest. The idea is that you buy this awesome smelling candle, melt the wax down so far, and find a little package inside. In the foil package is a ring and, according to the label, the ring can be worth anywhere from $10 to $5000! Of course most of them will be the cheaper because that's how a business is, if everyone got thousand dollar rings they'd be out of business. I purchased Hawaiian Coconut for myself and Apple Slice for my BFF who is temporary located in New York.

   When I got mine in the mail I was so excited I had to light it right away! It melted down enough after about 2-3 hours and I got the package out with old tweezers and let it cool in my sink long enough to be handled. When I unwrapped my ring it was gorgeous!! It obviously isn't worth $5000, but it's huge and my favorite color and I think the treasure hunt was half the fun!



 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I have never heard of these candles so thanks so much for sharing them with us. These would make such a great gift 'cause not only would you be sharing a nice candle with someone (like you did for your friend in NY) but a ring of some type too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]