Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Project Pen Pal: New York #1

   Last week one of my best friends moved to New York for 13 weeks to be a travel nurse. An Amazing opportunity, but still sad to be without fer for a while. I have a plan to send her care packages while she's there to give a little taste of home and just some neat stuff I think she has to have!
   With my first package I packed a couple of things, one of them being this painting I did on an 8x10 canvas.

The chevron was outlined with pencil and then erased after it dried. I printed out shapes of the states and traced around them to paint them in red. The verse on the bottom is just to remind her that no matter where God leads us, he will never leave our side.

One other thing I packed was a stuffed animal, beagle to be exact, that looks just like her dog, Ellie. I knew she would be missing her a lot. Ellie wears a red Crimson Tide collar, so I crocheted a "collar" bracelet with red, gray, and white for the toy dog.

I also had some other little things in there like fingernail polish and a note, and already have my other package started on.

3 comments:

  1. This is soo cute! When I saw the Alabama outline on the link up, I knew I had to come see ;) Roll Tide! Thanks for sharing :D

    Christal@HotchPotchBliss♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! I love your sign! You are a crafty one! I hope the time goes by quickly so you can see your friend again soon! That's my favorite state! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and thoughtful. Thanks for linking this up to BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]