Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf

   One of my husband's favorite dinner is meatloaf. Lately we've been doing a lot better at eating a lot of whole wheat and staying away from red meat so we're eating a little healthier and it's helping me lose weight!
   Obviously most people make meatloaf with ground beef, but I've been buying ground turkey, so it was time to make a little bit different recipe.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
8 oz can Tomato Paste/Sauce (whichever you prefer) 
1 egg
1 1/2 cups whole wheat crackers
Worcestershire sauce
Cubed squash
Sliced cherry tomatoes
Sliced mushrooms
S+P
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder

Cut up all your veggies and saute them until tender or just starting to brown.

Mix the rest of your ingredients together and add your veggies once cooked. Place mixture in a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 375*. I served it with cooked carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]