Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mayo-Free Chicken Salad

  

Ingredients:
Cooked, shredded chicken
Peeled, sliced apple
Avocado
1/2 - 3/4 cup low fat plain yogurt (I used Greek)
Tsp Lemon Juice (A little for flavor and a little to keep the apples fresh)
Salt and Pepper
Dash of onion powder

Throw everything into the bowl and mix it up!! Mayo usually makes everything the creamy, but trust me, the avocado and yogurt combo TOTALLY makes up for it! I ate a little on some crackers for a snack and I'm taking the rest on some wheat bread for lunch tomorrow. It's definitely a new switch for a healthier lunch!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I just love chicken salad but definitely need to eat less mayo. We are trying to watch our waistlines right now. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love avocado, so I'm guessing I would really like this--and no question, Greek yogurt is better for me than mayo! Thanks for sharing this recipe. And thank you for linking to Grace at Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]