Saturday, June 15, 2013

Displaying a Puzzle

   My husband and I bought this puzzle way back before we were even engaged. We left it on a table for a long time, putting together a couple of pieces here and there. Eventually we moved.. a few times.. and the puzzle went back into the box, went to three different houses/apartments, and stayed in a closet, until now.
  We found it last week and decided it was time to finish it. I was afraid we wouldn't still have all the pieces since it had been so long, but to my surprise we found every one!

[If you didn't know, I'm a super Pooh fan! Have been all my life!]

I thought about framing it, but I didn't want to have a big "mat" around it with a frame that was too big and I didn't want to spend the money to custom frame it, so my thoughts went to canvas!


I bought a canvas just slightly bigger than the puzzle and painted the edging dark brown to match the puzzle. 
The quote on the bottom is a Pooh quote painted with white paint.

I used Elmer's Puzzle glue to seal the top first, that way the puzzle would stick together. After it dries, I used it, again, to stick the puzzle to the canvas!
This is the one we plan to do later... much later when we have any time to kill!
 



4 comments:

  1. I just love Winnie the pooh! Love what you did with this! I am new from southern charm. I would love for you to check out my blog and hopefully follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! and what a fun thing you did with the Pooh puzzle. Thanks for sharing.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    We'd love it if you would link back to BeBetsy! http://bebetsy.com

    Have a great weekend~xo
    Sharon and Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought back fun memories for me too. My mom gave us a puzzle last year for Christmas. Your post reminded me that I need to pull it out. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]