Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Verse of the Week"

   I found this idea a couple of different times on Pinterest and LOVED it, but instead of making it for our house, I made this one for our Sunday school classroom.
   I went to hobby lobby and picked up a medium sized chalkboard, white paint, and scrapbook stickers.

I traced out a rectangle and a decorative oval with a pencil on the chalkboard and painted around it with the white paint for the border. I added about 3 coats for it to cover the black completely.

Next, I found a font I like and imitated it for the letters with paint and a small brush inside the oval.

After all the paint dried, I added some faith-based scrapbook stickers just for embellishment. The plan was to paint the frame of the board, but things got a little busy so for now it's still wooden.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! That is such a great idea for your SS classroom. I am going to be adapting a dry erase board into a chalkboard (with chalkboard paint) to use at my son's after -rehearsal dinner in about a month. It will be my first chalkboard project. Thanks for sharing your chalkboard experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea to share a verse of the week in a simple way! Love it. Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]