Monday, April 1, 2013

My Mom's Shepherd Pie

   When I was younger, my mom loved cooking shepherds pie for us because it was so quick and easy to put together and it has everything you need in it! My husband loves anything I put in a casserole dish so he was all over this! I know a lot of kids who also love this dish and it adds a little healthy vegis to the meal too!

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef (or more if you have a big family)
1 can Cream of Chicken
Any vegetables you want (I used corn, peas, and carrots)
salt, pepper, garlic salt
Mashed potatoes
Cheddar Cheese

What To Do:


Brown your ground beef then add the cream of chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on low.
Add your vegetables and salt, pepper, and garlic.
Prepare the mashed potatoes.


Layer your casserole dish as follows: Ground beef/vegi mix - Mashed Potatoes - Cheddar Cheese.
Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes on 350*, just enough to melt the cheese well.


The cheese being all melty makes everything so much better! It would be great pared with some rolls, we just didn't have any on hand lol. 

4 comments:

  1. Hated this when I was a kid but now I would be all over it. :D When did that happen? LOL.. Thanks for linking up to Becolorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big favorite at our house too! Thanks for sharing at the Shady Porch! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]