Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fabric Wrapped Mail Organizer

   My hubby and I recently went through a lot of reorganizing, throwing away old news and making a new system of taking care of important papers and things we need to deal with. With the new, more organized filing system, I thought our "mini" command center in the kitchen needed just a little help too. The little area of space on the counter next to the fridge is where all the mail/bills pile up until they can be looked through, here is where I came up with a solution.

To start, I grabbed some scrap fabric, a skinny canvas, cardboard, a stapler, and a hot glue gun.

 I cut the cardboard into 3 separate pieces that would fit across the canvas.

And covered the canvas with fabric and stapled it on the back.

The three pieces of cardboard were covered separately with fabric, too, then hot glued to the canvas on the side and the back.

I took some magnetic strips and hot glued them to the back of the canvas so it would stick easily to the fridge.

 
 
 
 
I just used scrapbook sticker letters to label the compartments "Out", "File", and "Coupons".
This will be a lot more helpful, and now maybe I can find the counter under all our mail!




10 comments:

  1. Your process looks so simple and I never thought of using magnets so I could put an organizer on the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I'm going to have to make one! Thanks for sharing, I'm stopping by from Someday Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! Its pretty too. I really like it and it seems fairly simple to make. You should share this on Transformed Tuesday. I know my readers would love it.
    http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/04/transformed-tuesday-35-features.html

    I hope you can stop by.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Peggy! I will definitely hop on over and link up!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jessica
    What a great idea to use fabric to cover the canvas and cardboard. I'm visiting from The Crafty Blog Stalker linky party. And now your newest follower. If you like mail organizers, come on over to my blog, Altered Artworks and see my post on the mail organizer I transformed recently. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great as well as functional! Love your choice of fabric. Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share linky party. Hope to see you again soon! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you chose! This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea. So glad that you shared. I may try this soon as we are majorly simplifying in our home. Stopping by on the Friday Flash Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a party last week on Friday Flash Blog! Thanks for joining us. I hope you’ve visited some of the other community members and you're having a splendid week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]