Thursday, February 21, 2013

Linen Closet Explosion!

   My hubby and I have lived in our house for almost 4 years now, and my linen closet has given me a headache everyday I've had to look in there. We have some guests coming to stay soon and I didn't want anyone else having to get lost in the mess of a closet trying to get a towel. I'm super embarrassed to even show you the before picture because it's so bad!
   First of all, I had to get all the paint and stuff out of there from The Great Kitchen Painting of 2011 that had no business being in a linen closet! This is also the main closet to the bathroom, so I had things that had to stay. I went out looking for storage baskets I could use for the other items that were staying but needed to be hidden. I found these really cute brown canvas baskets that had places for labels so I printed some cutesy labels for a little more organization!

 *Feel free to print these labels for your own use!*
   Now that I had all these awesome organizational tools, I just needed to straighten up the towels and move in the blankets (hints to the linen closet, it should have some of my many horded blankets! I have a blanket problem!!). I didn't want blankets touching the floor of the closet because we have original hardwood floors, but the inside of the closets have not been done in a really long time. Because I don't have time to sand and stain the closet floor, I went with a simple and cheap fix. I have left over peel and stick tiles that were used in the bathroom, so I used them in the closet! So now I just had to piece it all together!



12 comments:

  1. Loos great! I just love a freshly organized space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Thanks for sharing with us at Share It Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Wish I could get motivated to do mine...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a great feeling to organize something isn't it. Even when it's not a huge project, just adding some labeled baskets, makes such a difference. Good job girl :)

    Have a wonderful day, and stop by anytime to say hello if you can.

    P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I've started a 40 day challenge to get HEALTHY by my birthday. If you get a chance to check it out, I could sure use the support!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    Bella's 40 Day Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic :) I love the matching labels, anything matching just seems to make organised spaces look even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome - just in time for me. We are about to sell our house and these tips will really help! Thanks for sharing!
    Jen @ Noting Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing quite a great as getting a closet organized and knowing you don't have to worry about guests seeing your messy side! LOL

    If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lol, that closet wasn't too bad! You should see ours... But I'm loving the baskets and labels; it's awesomely organized now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea using those canvas containers, & your labels are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Love the color of label you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linen closet looks so good now!! Love the baskets. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]