Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No Place Like Home :)

   So, as I've told you, my sister-in-law Beka (accidentallywonderful) is preggers, so there's a lot gift giving going on in the family! Her nursery is turning out fabulous, the overall theme is gray and yellow, but one of her favorite things is the Wizard of Oz, soooo That's where this idea came from!!

   You know with babies and baby showers, you get a lot of repeat gifts.. That's all I'll say about that lol. So I turned mine into a little piece of art for the wall.

The plaque I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I love the shape! I painted the plaque yellow and glazed the edges with a bronze metallic paint.

Then, got my handy dandy mod podge and applied the scrapbook paper I had cut out to the front.

I keep these picture hangers on hand all the time for things that I make for hanging.

Finally, I hung the shoes *Ruby Slippers* on the board with thumb tacks. I LOVE this, I think it's so sweet!
I hope she loves it too!!

6 comments:

  1. Best. Sister-in-law. Ever!!!!! I have the perfect place for this =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she'll love it!

    hope you'll find a moment to stop by and hopefully enter a giveaway i am hosting: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    smiles and happy weekend to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super adorable!!

    -kristen-
    make sure to come link up @ handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is adorable! What a cute idea! Thanks for linking up at Well Crafted Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so adorable!! Love it. Pinning this. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]