Sunday, October 7, 2012

[Insert your favorite chocolate here] Cookies!

   Every once in a while, you just get into a mood to bake cookies! We didn't have any easy or cookie mix and we only had about 1/4 of a bag of chocolate chips.. Needless to say we were off to a bad start lol. I remembered we had a lot of chocolate in our candy bowl and thought, We can just try it with these instead! We grabbed the little amount of chocolate chips, some Andes Mints (which are my favorite!) and some Reese's (which are my hubby's favorite!). It sounds like a crazy mixture, but they turned out amazing! Which hints at the "Insert your favorite Chocolate," use whatever you want!


Ingredients:
1 cup and 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
1/2 packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup or package of your favorite chocolate (chopped up)
(optional to add nuts)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375*F.

If your chocolate isn't already in small pieces, chop it up until it's about the size of chocolate chips.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in a separate, large mixing bowl until creamy, and then beat in egg. Slowly add flour mixture into the large mixing bowl and mix well. Fold in chocolate and optional nuts.

Drop spoonfuls of cookie mix on a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Let cool for at least 2 minutes on sheet or wire rack.
*You can also use this variation for a full pan cookie, just bake for 12-15 minutes.*

They were so warm and delicious, they fell apart in my mouth! So be careful if dunking in milk (like my hubby did)! 
 


4 comments:

  1. these look yummy, pinning them

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/upcycled-chicken-coop-clever-chicks.html



    I hope to see you there!

    Cheers!

    Kathy

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. found you on a link party and these cookies look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look good!! I've had fun experimenting with chocolate candies when I've run out of chocolate chips too. So fun! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]