Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stamped Copper Necklace

   I've been admiring other people handmade jewelry by stamping metal or other surfaces. I found some of the letter stamps on sale one day and thought, For this cheap, I could just try it out, see how I like it!
Don't be fooled.... It is NOT that easy haha. My husband was trying with me (granted I was using a household hammer and not the heavier one you're supposed to buy for $10) and he was getting them a little deeper than I was but still not that pretty lol.
   Finally, I broke down and bought the copper pieces because they are MUCH easier to stamp than metal washers! I ended up making a necklace for my sister-in-law who is busy planning for her new family! It is a "Family Tree" and says "Sister" on one side and "Mother" on the other side. There is also a "P" on the bottom, but it's a little hard to see in my pictures. I loved how it turned out, and it gave me a little practice to try for some more!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]