Friday, August 3, 2012

"Baby Sleeping" Sign

   So my sister-in-law (@AccidentallyWonderful) recently found out she was pregnant and I've already got this GIANT list going through my head of all kinds of baby things I need to make! I completed her baby blanket the first week she told us the good news!

This was something I came up with while I was playing with some leftover paint stirring sticks I had... I was waiting for an idea form like in cartoons when they move stuff really fast and it turns into a masterpiece hahaha. I thought they would make a really cute sign and then I thought, Yes, a baby sleeping sign for their door!

I laid them sideways on top of two sticks laying the other way. The two vertical sticks will be the 'foundation'. I turned all of them upside down and glued them together with wood glue.   

I cut the tops of the vertical sticks off, leaving enough room for holes for ribbon. The words are just printed onto scrapbook paper and mod podged to the sticks. I left the paper whole until it dried and then used an exacto knife the cut the slits out. Then, I painted the showing wood with a similar color paint (antique white) and a little on the corners.

I put another layer of mod podge to help seal it then had the hubby drill two holes in the vertical sticks to put ribbon through for hanging it up.

Here's a close up of the finished product! I love the shutter-look of it and the fact that they are free! lol

See where I'm linking up HERE!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]