Thursday, June 14, 2012

Short Cut Banana Bread

   I like to cook like Sandra Lee, Semi-homemade! I cook from scratch sometimes, but when you're baking, it's so much easier to start with a short cut! This is the Banana Bread I came up with because I had over ripe bananas and I love banana bread!


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of Bisquick mix
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup mashed over ripe bananas (2 or 3 bananas)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • (optional to add) chocolate chips or blueberries or chopped nuts
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350* degrees and grease a bread pan
  2. Mix Bisquick, sugar, brown sugar, bananas, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs together in a bowl. Beat for 30 seconds until mostly combined. Gently stir in optional ingredients.
  3. Pour into well greased bread pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until knife comes out of loaf clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
See where I'm linking up HERE!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Love banana bread. This sounds delicious. Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday last week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely delicious! I just have to take a look at what is in Bisquick... and try to make it gluten-free. No biggie. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they make a glute-free bisquick? ... not sure, but good luck! -Jessica

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]