Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Minty Golf Cake


I thought this post would be fitting because we're getting close to Father's Day! Recently it was my pawpaw's birthday. That man is my hero and I don't know what I would've done with my life if he wasn't there backing me up every step of the way!

His and my favorite candy are Andes Mint Chocolates, and one of our favorite things to do together is play (and watch *yawwwn*) golf. For a lot of family gatherings I make the dessert because I'm a bake-aholic! I didn't want to make just any regular cake, though. I was kind of in a hurry, so I took the cheating way out with my ingredients!


The [super easy] Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 container of butter cream icing
1 package of Andes Mints

The [super simple] directions!
  • Roughly chop up half of the bag of Andes Mints and add the pieces to the mixture of cake batter (as followed by the box or your own recipe)
  • While that is baking, chop the other half (or just a fourth, depending on how minty you want it to taste) as much as possible and mix it into the icing and microwave until just hot enough for the chocolate to melt into the icing (I think I ended with about 10-15 secs). Then let it sit and cool back off.
  • Once the cake is done and cooled, just frost the cake as you please!
I used little pearl sprinkles to look like golf balls, a toothpick and paper for the hole flag, and blue gel food coloring for the water. The little putter is a left over Andes mint that I cut up. It was so moist, even later that night when we finally dug into it!

See where I'm linking up HERE!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful cake and it sounds delicious! I just love chocolate and mint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything mint, especially Ande's and thin mint cookies! This sounds SO good!

    Thanks for sharing on SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jessica! This sounds so amazing! Ande's mints and chocolate cake? I'm already drooling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica,
    Did you remember to save a piece for me?
    Looks wonderful and what a great way to honor your PawPaw!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute cake! Thanks for sharing on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you this friday! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]