Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin


   Since my hubby just came home from a week trip, I decided to make him a nice dinner for his arrival! With what I had on hand, I decided to make pork tenderloin. The best way I've ever had it was with the good, crunch on the outside, so that's what I attempted.

 I let it marinate overnight in:
Zesty Italian Dressing
Dijon Mustard
A little BBQ Sauce
The ingredients I mixed together for the crust are:
Oregano
Parsley
A little Garlic Salt
Brown Sugar
Salt & Pepper
Bread Crumbs

Here's what I did:

Preheat your oven to 400* degrees. 
Spread out your crust mixture and take the marinated tenderloin and roll it in the crust. Make sure to coat all sides. Then, Get a skillet hot with oil and cook the tenderloin on all sides.

It should be browned on all sides. Be careful when picking it up to turn (I used silicone tongs) because the coating can slide off.

After it's cooked on the outside, place it in a deep pan and cover it with foil, or a lid if your pan has one. Bake it for about 15-20 minutes, or until the meat reaches 145* degrees on the inside with your meat thermometer. Don't try to over cook it because it will become dry.

When you take it out of the oven, there should be little to no pink on the inside when you slice it up.

 Plate it up all nice and enjoy! It was very yummy! And the flowers as our centerpiece was my surprise! :)


See where I'm linking up HERE!            

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]