Here's what I did...
This is the chair I got, and my hubby putting it together like a beast hahaha.
I told him to wait on putting the bottom and head rest on so I could cover them first. If yours is already put together, just take these two pieces off.
My head rest had a plastic backing on it, which is fine with me because it will hide my messiness! I just had to pop it off the back to get started.
I stretched out one yard of fabric and laid out the two pieces with enough fabric to pull around all sides.
I traced around where I wanted to cut and then cut two pieces out.
To apply the fabric, I used a light duty staple gun I bought from a hardware store, but you can purchase from any craft store or Wally-World too.
I pulled the sides tight and began stapling all the way around, trying not to leave a lot of corner bumps.
After you finish stapling, it will probably look something like this.
Then, you want to cut off a lot of the excess fabric or you will be able to see it hanging down from the bottom of the chair, and that's no good.
Then I did the head rest the exact same way.
I flattened the fabric corners with more staples and popped the plastic backing back on the head rest.
Then I had two chair pads that looked like this!
Jasper interrupted to play a little ball, he's worth the extra time! :)
Finally, my wonderful hubby put the parts back together and, TADA! A better-looking, re-covered chair!
See where I'm linking up HERE!