Monday, May 28, 2012

House Design Notebook

   We bought our house back in 2009, those were crazier times lol. It is an older house, but most of them in this area are. It needed a little work and, for the most part, we've taken care of the big stuff. There are still a lot of little things that need attention, and they'll get it as soon as we stop working opposite shifts every single day!
   I made this notebook because I wanted a way to keep track of everything that needs to be done and the plans I have for our rooms. Also, because I have a strong need to feel organized!

I just made something cute in Paint for the cover and printed it on cute printer paper.

I keep my graph notebook in here when I need specific sketches (I also use it when I'm helping do other people's houses/rooms!).

For each room I keep the paint colors I chose and have a list of everything that needs to be fixed or that I want to do.

I also have some layouts of rooms when I've rearranged them. 
It really does help me keep my head on straight! In the back, I have a list of everything we will want in our next house in the future.. like double sinks!

If you've never come across this on Pinterest before, UrbanBarn.com has an awesome Room Planner Tool that you can plan out and rearrange furniture, then you can print it out and store it in your binder as well!

See where I'm linking up HERE!

6 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea! I especially love how you have room arrangments! Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    Are you for hire! Love it!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we get a house, I am definitely going to need your help! :) I nominated you for some blog awards!

    http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2012/05/triple-threat.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea! I am the same way with organization! I'm going to make myself a binder too. I love crossing off the list as it gets done too. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesday.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did something like this too when we were remodeling our kitchen. A big binder of pictures torn from magazines ( where was Pinterest when I needed it ) ? LOL. I kept a tile sample appliance estimates, paint chips - the works. It really was nice to have it all in one place so I could show it to our contractor or take it to the various suppliers. Mine wasn't as cute as yours though. :D Nicely done. Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. We have our "house stuff" scattered about in drawers, files and boxes. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]