Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Decorating with Fabric

   I did this sometime last year when we really started focusing on decorating our office. It was so easy and looks so good I thought I should share them! My hubby doesn't even mind that they're pink! :)
   I had the boring cork board on my side of the desk and he had a tall black bookshelf on his side for his love of Stephen King and all the other books he's collected.

The part of the fabric I cut out to cover the cork board is just held on with push pins all the way around so it's not permanent if I want to change it. Someday I'll get to painting the frame black to match the bookshelf.

We used the same fabric on the back of the bookshelf which I think looks awesome! We took the backing off and just stapled it all the way around and some in the middle to help it not bubble up. Then, we nailed the backing back onto the bookshelf. Some of my shelves are also yellow because I had a lot of desk paint left over!

See where I'm linking up HERE!


5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pin board. And i love the fact that you only pinned it down with the pins so you can change the fabric when you want. Neat idea!!!

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet ideas! Great way to dress up both a cork board and book shelf!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using cute fabrics to decorate! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]