Thursday, May 10, 2012

Antique Music Stand to Recipe Holder

I have a few of my great grandmother's
antiques, like the broach I used on my wedding bouquet!
I few months ago, my mom found an old music stand that used to be my g-gma's and asked if I wanted it. I said sure, I can think of something to do with it. :)
It was pretty rusty and missing a couple of small screws, but I figured something out.



This was the stand. My hubby found some screws that fit it and I primed the whole thing with Kilz Spray Primer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then I gave it two coats of Rust-oleum Gloss White Spray Paint.
 Now it stays in the kitchen to hold my recipe books, or anything I need to sit out to read!



See where I'm linking up on my Linky Partys Tab!

7 comments:

  1. Wow... I just love this idea! I'll have to start keeping my eyes open at my local thrift stores!
    thanks for sharing!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use for it! I would love for you to link it at our party.

    http://www.ourdiydiaries.com/2012/05/fab-not-drab-friday.html

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! The music stand is really pretty...love the scrolly lines. And I bet you think of your great grandmother often when you see it in the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute!! I love the new purpose for this beautiful piece! Thanks for linking up at Well Crafted Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed over from The Crafty Blogstalker. Love what you did to preserve your g-gma's memory. Now you have created an heirloom to pass down.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Featured on our Facebook Wall! Thanks for linking

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]