Thursday, April 12, 2012

Renewing the Back Deck (Pt.2)!

   My sweet neighbors down the road were putting out their old wicker furniture because they bought a new patio set this year. My husband stopped on the way home from work and asked if there was anything wrong with it. He said, other than the cushions being un-salvageable, There was just one wobbly leg that needed to be fixed, so my sweet hubby, knowing I would fix 'em up, brought them home!




Overall, they looked pretty decent, so I came up with a game plan. We picked out a spray paint color together, Rustoleum Gloss Kona Brown. They had to be cleaned and fixed before anything was painted, though. While we were cleaning the deck (Which you can check out here), I cleaned off the furniture with outdoor bleach and a power sprayer.
Then let them dry out the rest of the day. I used some wood glue we had around the house to fix that wobbly leg, I just pushed aside the wrappings around the leg and squirted a lot in there and positioned the chair how it is supposed to sit normally for it to dry. The next day, we started painting.

My hubby always wants to do the spray painting when I'm working on something, sometimes we fight over who gets to do it haha.


They turned out looking pretty nice, if I do say so myself! I let them dry for a couple of hours and gave them a quick second coat.

Sunni wanted to say "Hi!" She was upset because she couldn't be outside with us working. (Our future project is getting a fence up for them!)

I put them up on the finished deck and went to grab the fire pit we got as a Christmas present this year, but haven't had the chance to use yet. I'm excited about roasting some marshmallows in there!!

We fit everything up there with Anthony's grill, which I didn't think was going to be easy, but we got it. We went all around looking for cushions we both liked but everywhere we went, they were either ugly, wouldn't fit our chairs, or were WAY too expensive! So, I found some on Walmart's website and ordered them site-to-store so I would get free shipping. Here comes the HEADACHE. When I went to pick them up, First: It took them 15 minutes just to come back there, and Second: They wouldn't let me pick them up because my maiden name is still on my drivers license..... I was SOOOO mad, luckily, my hubby was in there with me so he had to come back there just for me to get them. Never again will I try that. 

But the good thing is that I loved them with the furniture, they were perfect.

I had a red lantern someone gave me and I spray painted it a while back, and it just happened to look great out there with everything, so I added some citronella candles in it. I can't wait to start our grilling days and get to enjoy our new space!



Linked on:

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so nice. Thanks Jessica for visiting me and for your sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it so much better dark--fresh and the cushions are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your furniture along with the new cushions add so much to your refreshed deck! Perfect!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so lucky that your husband had the where-with-all to ask for that furniture! Wicker is so expensive now. I can't believe your neighbors were getting rid of it! You did a great job with cleaning and painting it. It looks perfect! Use it in good health, as my mother would say. :)
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]