Monday, April 30, 2012

A Pinteresting Shelf

   I love when I need an idea for something and I find it on pinterest! I wanted some kind of organization for my dogs' things and I came across this adorable pet shelf pinned from HGTV. We have dog toys, treats, medicine, and more all over the house because, lets face it, there just like kids!

Here's the inspiration:

Mine doesn't look nearly as cute, but I was worth the $2.50 I spent at the thrift store for all the supplies!

It didn't take a lot of effort either. I spray painted the shelf dark brown because I didn't like the look of the old wood finish. My hubby drilled it into the wall for me so it would be good and sturdy, then I screwed three hooks into the bottom section. The baskets were .25 cents each! I love a bargain, I'm also thinking of spray painting them white? It's a maybe. In the baskets I keep the dogs' medicine, brushes, clippers, and other small things, and obviously the leashes stay on the hooks. 


See where I'm linking up in my Linky Parties Tab!

9 comments:

  1. Cute idea. I need to do something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea. It looks much better than my nail in the wall as a leash holder. You've inspired me to rethink the nail hanger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! great way to put your own spin on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your's is not only thrifty but works great too! Great job!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Its amazing how much you can learn about love from your dog :) Thanks for linking up at Well Crafted Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and useful too. You can't beat that combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your adorable shelf! I think the baskets would look terrific painted white. :-)

    I would love for you to share this idea and have Sunni and Jasper join in the fun at our Rockin' Pet Linky Party starting on Sunday in honor of National Pet Week!

    http://www.thehouseatbluebirdlane.blogspot.com/2012/05/first-ever-rockin-pet-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, but I think your is every bit as cute and for that price, yours is the definite winner. :D Thanks for sharing this week at BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute idea! I have a linky party you could link to, also, if you'd like. It's called Making Space Mondays. Looks like you've made a perfect little space for your doggies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]