Friday, April 6, 2012

Office/Craft Room Desk

   My husband loves to read and wanted to have a place to write and use the computer. Our old computer desk we sold in a yard sell because it was falling apart, then we were using an old tv stand. Needless to say, we needed a desk.
   We bought a wooden filing cabinet last year after we bought our house because we had so much paperwork floating around the house. Then... I saw This Pin and I was ecstatic! I knew this was what I needed to do. I went to Home Depot and bought a 4x8 sheet of cabinet grade plywood, four 2x2's for legs, a pack of screws and braces for the legs. This is where my hubby comes in. :)
   We cut the ply wood down to the size we needed and took the drawers out of the filing cabinet to be able to drill. He laid the plywood on the ground and put the cabinet upside down on it to drill it in place. Then he drilled the legs on the sides with the leg braces.

Now It just needs a good coat of paint and I can't decide on a good color! You can see our office/craft room is green (the Behr color Athenian Green 440f-4). I was thinking a brown or even a funky color like teal, but I can't settle on anything.

So for now it's just being used as is lol. I'm also on the hunt for a thrifty but cute craftin' chair, which hopefully i'll find soon! If you have a color suggestion, I'd love to hear it!

Linked on:

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Looks amazing! We hope you'll be back to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]