Monday, April 16, 2012

Helping my yard (Stage 1)

   So earlier this month I asked for some help with my front yard (you can check out here)! It was looking a little pitiful and we had no idea what to do with it! I got so many great ideas from you guys and some from my family as well! While I was at my aunt's house, they were planting some new flowers in their yard, too, so she uprooted some hosta she had for me to take home and try, since it will spread I didn't need a whole lot! The next day, me and hubby woke up early and got to plant shopping! I bought some purple coleus, hydrangea bushes (not sure what colors they are yet, either blue or pink), and lilies.

This little birdy came to help us, he stuck around the whole time we we're outside haha.

Here's the hosta in the ground and the coleus lined up to go in.

My hubby digging holes for me :) Makes me want to watch the move "Holes," I Loved that book!

My lilies and hydrangea by my truck :)

Then, I found poor birdy's nest in the front yard D=  No wonder he's down here with us!

And one of the eggs that fell out of the nest and didn't make it D=  I was so sad!


 Almost done! Need to clean up and spread the mulch!




Sunni wants to say Hi again, and she wants to chase Mr. Birdy!

The purple coleus

The day lilies

Linked on:

6 comments:

  1. It's going to look great when you get it all finished! We too are doing our yard this year. Excited and not excited all at the same time lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit and you know I love birds, their nests and eggs. Your hostas will look so nice in all that shade. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers always make a space so inviting! Looks great!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to look so pretty. Love your blog and have become your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad about the nest & the lost egg, but nice work on your yard :-) Hostas are great plants, easy to grow and nice greenery in a garden. Depending on the kind of hydrangea you have, you can make the flowers either blue or pink - if you want them blue, add aluminium sulphate to the soil where the hydrangea is planted. You can get more info here: http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/colorchange.html

    Have fun gardening!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks Kelly!! Thats great info to know, never knew I could change the color of my plant! :D

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]