Thursday, April 19, 2012

Felt Friendly Pillow

This pillow I made for our bedroom... which never stays clean so it hardly stays on the bed... but it's really cute anyway! I was basically bored one day and really wanted to make something with the fabric I had around the house. It wasn't much, but it matched the bedroom colors so I went with it!

The pillow, itself, is just soft brown fabric (that I originally made a shirt with but ended up not liking it lol). Everything else on it it cut from sheets of felt. My mom calls it a snow ball tree lol, but I just thought it was cute, and easier than sewing flowers! The downside was that everything on the front had to be hand sewed on and it got so tedious that I took a [three day] break... but I got to looking at it and thought, "I have to finish this before I can start something else.." The little birds are my favorite part. :) 

The pillow was just two squares I sewed together and stuffed with an old throw pillow that was looking pretty worn out (from dogs lol). All the felt is just cut out circles, lines, and triangles!

Linked to:
Blog Stalking Thursday
Shine on Friday
Show off Saturday
Free for All

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love anything with birds on it!

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Show Off Saturday!

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]