Saturday, April 14, 2012

DIY Roman Shades!

   I saw this absolutely Fabulous tutorial by 365 Days to Simplicity: Easy no sew roman shades. I LOVED this idea!! The mini blinds in our kitchen have been there since we moved in and they were looking pretty GA-ROSS! They had some gunk built up on them, and I kept meaning to replace them... It's just been a busy two years hahaha.
   I found some To Die For fabric at Hobby Lobby last weekend and I new it needed to be my kitchen curtains, I just didn't want them to clash with our modern kitchen, so of course, make roman shades!
I took the blinds in the kitchen down, pulled up Simplicity's tutorial, and got to work!
The before (well sort of, I already have the blinds down lol)

Please be careful when you get to the end and don't be a dodo like me and glue the wrong side of the bottom slat to the fabric.. It gets very frustrating, especially the second time!! lol



Tada! cute, matchy, matchy, roman shades! I love them!
(p.s. the little plant on the left is some mint I picked up yesterday that I am super excited about using for some sweets!)







Linked on:

16 comments:

  1. What great idea and I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic! I love DIY projects that turn out so well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute fabric! Great job on the shades! Stopping by from Just Something Whipped Up

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! i want to make some of these for my kitchen windows asap. yours turned out so cute. we'd love to have you link this up to our Sunday Best party going on right now. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-link-party.html
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will definitely take you up on your offer! Annd be your newest follower! -Jessica

      Delete
  6. Thank you everyone! I really love them there, they look so much better than the blinds did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is to stinking cute. What a great job. I would love it if you showed it off at my new linky party @ Kampenlane.com.

    I can't wait to see what else you create.

    ~Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Taylor-Ann!! I sure will!

      Delete
  8. Awesome idea, I def want to try this! I have been looking for the perfect thing to put up in my kitchen and until then I have had nothing up, and let me tell you... it gets pretty creepy when my husband is not at home at night. Needless to say this is the PERFECT solution. Found your blog through Taylor Ann's linky party and I am a new follower. Cant wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so cute on your windows! I love the roman shade look. I adore the fabric that you chose too! how perfect for a kitchen!

    PS- I have a super fun giveaway going on. I would love for you to enter!
    http://ohhbabydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/04/giveaway-1-dgordon.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute shades. I am working on a set myself right now. Visiting from Bohemian Ramblings.
    ~Amy @ Permanent Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. These add so much to your kitchen! I have been dying to make some roman shades of my own! I would love for you to link these up at my link party - Well Crafted Wednesdays!

    You can find it here!

    http://thewellcraftedhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The house is so fresh.... Roman shades look so beautiful and heart touching.
    Roman shades concord, ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe your blog is currently one of the best posts I ever reviewed. I merely unintentionally found your site after playing online bingo game. Find out more here and try to play the game.
    Blinds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Michelle, I'm so glad I can help and entertain! lol

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]