Wednesday, April 25, 2012

All About Organization

   My hubby and I work A LOT, and our schedules are almost always opposite each other, so when we have the rare off day together, we definitely do something to savor the time. Working like this, though, makes us pretty tired so we have to take full days (sometimes our off days together) to clean the house, so I try to keep little organizational systems for some of my stuff so I'm only doing the big chores (laundry, dishes, vacuum) and not spending too much time on little stuff.

I keep my large assortment of yarn in an under-the-bed shoe organizer! I was using a large basket, but I had SO MUCH yarn and needles that they were overflowing and getting messy, so I saw this baby on sale and made a new use for it! I also glued a pencil case to the plastic cover to keep my needles and etc in.

I don't like to keep the glue gun laying all over the place because I tend to use [too much of] it a lot. This little charging station was a kit left over from a kids workshop. 

*A Helpful Hint* At Home Depot, every first Saturday of the month they have a FREE DIY kids workshop where they get to build something using tools and wood, it's a fun experience for them and something for you and your kids to do together!

I used mine to store my glue gun in the bottom and glue sticks in the top. They fit perfectly and I put note cards in the bottom to catch the glue drips so they don't get on anything important!

This used to be a cereal box! I diagonally cut the top off and mod podged scrapbook paper on the outsides. I use it mainly to hold paper scraps, little stickers, and things like that. It really keeps my drawers neater because there's not piles of scrapes in them! And it's pretty!

I also have quite a bit of left over ribbon. I keep them in a small plastic bin, but to keep them from unraveling and coming apart all in the box, I simply put a rubber band around them. I know, so simple, but that ribbon not staying on there just gets on my nerves so much! lol

If you have any simple organization tips, let me know! I love a simple fix! :)

button




See where I'm linking up in my Linky Parties Tab!

7 comments:

  1. I love your organization projects! I like everything to be neat and organized and living with my husband doesn't seem to help with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the charging station for storing the glue gun and the rubber bands around the ribbon. Now why didn't I think of that - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent ideas! Your cereal box organizer is nicer than the store bought ones! And who would have thought.... a rubber band!
    So simple yet so smart!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organization: that's the name of that pesky, elusive game! Looks like you have a great leg up on it!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I followed you over from Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party. Great idea for the cereal box!

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com.

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great organization and great ideas! Thanks for sharing. We loved having you join us for our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Please come back again soon. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have some great tips here! Thanks for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday. You have been featured with this week's party. Don't forget to grab a feature button and wear it proudly!

    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-stalking-thursday-39.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my page!!
I LOVE comments and I'll try my best to show
you some bloggy love as well! ♥Jessica[pbj]